What is open and closed in Forillon National Park?
- 9 Jul 2020
- par Destination Gaspé
Forillon National Park, like many others, has made certain changes to its operations in response to the COVID‑19 pandemic.
Since the situation is constantly evolving, it’s hard to keep track!
Visitors are therefore strongly encouraged to plan their visit by checking the Forillon National Park and Parc national Forillon Facebook pages as well as this specific web page: https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/qc/forillon/visit/covid-19-info. They provide the latest information on what is open, what to expect during a visit, how to prepare for a visit and the facilities and services available.
The following remain closed* as of July 7, 2020:
- Les Graves trail, from L’Anse-Saint-Georges to Cap-Gaspé (expected to reopen in mid-July);
- The following accommodations:
- oTENTik, MicrOcube and Ôasis;
- Cap-Bon-Ami campsites;
- certain sites and service buildings of the Des‑Rosiers and Petit‑Gaspé campsites;
- lean-to shelters in the backcountry camping.
- Penouille reception and information centre;
- Service building at Penouille Point;
- Cap-des-Rosiers Information and Discovery Centre;
- Recreation Centre, including the pool;
- Heritage buildings;
- Laundry facilities at the Visitor Information and Discovery Centre (expected to reopen in the coming days).